Harris Poll Findings Reveal Americans Would Like Human Interaction
Gzira, Malta –June 9, 2022 – Enteractive, a noted customer service and retention concern with clients and offices across the European Union today announced the results of a survey of American’s attitudes towards customer service in the United States prior to entering the market later in the year.
Their findings were consistent with what one might expect given the dismal state of customer service in US, especially in the technology and entertainment fields currently. Some of these include:
- 90% of respondents would prefer to speak with a real person when contacting a brand with a customer service enquiry
- 89% of respondents believe brands’ customer service agents should speak the same language as the customer they are calling
- 87% of respondents think US brands should use a CALLER ID when contacting customers so they can clearly see who is calling them
- 85% of consumers said they are MORE LIKELY to stay loyal to a brand that uses real people for customer service
- 70% of respondents find robo-calls from brands frustrating, with 54% confiding they are VERY frustrating.
- Overall, on average, over 53% believe that getting through to a real person is DIFFICULT when calling a brand’s customer service number, with the numbers even higher among older respondents
- 41% of respondents would be happy to get a call from online entertainment or technology brands to check in and improve the customer relationship
Enteractive CEO Mikael Hansson noted, “I was so pleased to see the results as they bear out our personal interaction business model, that we are excited to be bringing to the US later in the year.” Adding, “Since 2009 we’ve had real people talking to our clients’ customers in their own language to bring them back with amazing success. We’re looking forward to helping US companies with their customer retention by actually speaking with their users as well.”
A leader in customer retention in the popular and legal online gambling sector in Europe, where clients typically see a 500% increase in customer reactivation, and a 300% increase in customer spend, Enteractive is entering the US market as online and mobile sports betting and other iGaming formats grow quickly as the number of states with legalized sports betting has increased. With recent legalization in New York, plus 19 other states allowing some form of wagering, online gambling brands are signing up thousands of new players during important sporting event like the Super Bowl, March Madness and the upcoming Tennis Grand Slam events, the US Open and Wimbledon.
Enteractive also polled the sample on attitudes towards online gambling and found that 64% support online gambling nationally, while 60% approve of it at the state level.
“While our service works in any customer service or customer relationship management setting, we’ve been very successful in the iGaming space in Europe, and are eager to work with US operators like Caesars, FanDuel, DraftKings, BetMGM, and others. While these companies are spending large sums on promotion, marketing, and competitive odds to prompt high-speed growth as they enter these new markets in the US, they must keep a focus on retention of all those hard-won customers,” says Hansson. Adding, “it’s heartening that the majority of Americans support online gambling.”
To ensure the safety of their clients’ data, Enteractive has developed the (Re)Activation dashboard to give partner brands complete transparency, with real-time reporting for each interaction with individual customers while keeping all data highly secure, GDPR, and Responsible Gambling compliant.
“There’s currently a gold rush in the US sports betting market,” adds Hansson, “and the eventual winners will be those brands that engage with their customers and build relationships for the future. Every brand must keep a clear focus on all aspects of their offering, ensuring that all the hard work in getting to market, and the expense of customer acquisition is not quickly lost to lapsing relationships.”
Enteractive is the industry leader in player reactivation, driving innovation through custom-made tech, powered by personal human interaction. As a partner to iGaming operators around the world, Enteractive increases retention and player loyalty through engagement with players in one-to-one conversations.